Our land is divided into destination zones. This was done in regional plans, General Construction Plans (APA), Special Construction Plans (BPA), Spatial Implementation Plans (RUP) and so on. But what if your company is not located in the 'correct' zone?

Your company's activities have evolved over time. Your company used to be zone-owned, now it is zone-independent. That's perhaps why the government no longer wants to grant an environmental permit or building permit? Yet you don't plan to stop on your current location, you might even have expansion plans?

A planning certificate can offer a solution

But the initiative lies with you as a company. You can apply for a planning certificate. For example, a company that is located in a zone-foreign location, or wants to expand in a zone-foreign location, can request the government to make a plan change for the location where the company is located. If the government is positive and delivers the certificate, it will state what the company is allowed to do now and in the future.
If you receive a positive planning certificate that provides you with the preparation of a plan adjustment, the government must draw up a preliminary plan of land use within one year after the certificate has been granted. This can be, for example, a RUP zone-foreign company.
In the meantime, the applicant, meaning you as the operator, must apply for a planning permit within the year following the issue of the attestation, on pain of forfeiture of the attestation, in order to bridge the period between the issue of the planning attestation and the entry into force of the SIP. After all, a lot of time can pass before a SIP comes into force. In the meantime, you need to be up-to-date with your urban planning.

Our expertise